Assignments

Image on wood

Future Reflection

Head Shots

Collage

Fashion photography

Me and Myself

Pick a Something

Magazine Cover

Pic & Quote

I choose this words because a really good friend always is there for you no matter what the circumstances are. I want my audience to interpret this picture so they realize that there’re times when the people who least count on you are the ones who help you the most.

National Geographic Cover

Georgia O’Keefe Critique

What I like about Georgia O’Keefe work is that it have many colors but it doesn’t look exaggerated. Also I like that you can’t see the image at fist, you have to see all the details in order to distinguish what it really is. I chose this photo as my favorite because I like the contrast of colors. I like that it has different types of oranges.

Artist Statement

Georgia O’ Keefe Re-Creation

Self Portrait

ARTICLE READ AND WRITE

Silhouetting can be used to add glamour and intensity to many everyday photographs. Silhouette can give excitement and drama into standard photographs. Silhouette is a well-defined, black shape that stands out against a brightly lit, uncomplicated background. I love how every person sees the picture as different story because every person describe the silhouette different. In my opinion silhouette photograph is hard since it is hard to find the correct shape to tell the story.

SILHOUETTE STORY

EMOTION SERIES

CULTURAL IDENTITY

BODY, SHAPE, FORM TRIPTYCH

CULTURAL PHOTOGRAPHY: RESPOND

Cultural photography is a combination that grew out of necessity. Culture did not mean just remote cultures.  There is plenty of culture that exists within cities and densely populated places. Every country, city, state, etc… have their own culture and that make everyone interesting and unique.

I think that every person have their culture, but not everyone show it every single day. For example in Mexico not everyone is in charro suit, we dress “normal” but it does it mean we don’t have culture. Many person just wear their traditional clothing on special parties. Also, Jimmy of the Naihne said “We have traditional dress, but we don’t wear it all the time, and we’ve stopped putting it on for photographers who show up wanting to see what ‘traditional culture’ looks like.  Most of the time I just wear a t-shirt and this jacket.  It is more practical.”

Doing cultural photography is amazing since a picture can express a country, tradition, tribe etc. It is also difficult because every photographer mush show respect to the culture. “is not something that you see, but something that you feel”.

MULTIPLE EXPOSURES

READ AND WRITE: PHOTOJOURNALISM

Photographers capture a photo to create a historical document, to help illustrate part of the collective memory of a country. Just as Ron Haviv photographs wars unrest across five continents. In my opinion the work they do is very important because because it makes us see the reality of the moment. For example, Havid explains what people feel. “They just didn’t know what to do. There was no leadership, there was no plan. Also, there was no target. They weren’t saying, ‘We’re going to get Pence or McConnell.’ Just, ‘We’re going in, it’s ours. You let Black Lives Matter do whatever they want, and this is what we want to do.’”

PAINTING AND PHOTOGRAPHY

LEVITATION SERIES 

Wassily Kandinsky

See the source image
I love Wassily Kandinsky artwork because he combines colors and different type of shapes. His artwork is unique and that make her well-known as a artist. Kandinsky’s creation of abstract work followed a long period of development and maturation of intense thought based on his artistic experiences. 

Motion Blur

1. slow sync flas give the effect of movement while also capturing a split second in time.
  2. Tripods are key/ camera completely still 
  3. The key in many places is to choose a shutter speed that is slow enough to get wing movement but fast enough to keep the rest of the moving bird sharp.
  4. To add a little interest to a portrait have your subject hold an open umbrella over their shoulder and behind their head and then have them slowly twirl it.
  5. Be Aware of Lighting

Sandy Skoglund

Sandy Skoglund is an American photographer and installation artist known for her Surrealist, brightly colored images. When I see the photographs that she takes, it seems weird to me since I am not used to seeing real and unreal things in a pictures with various colors. But, I also like how she represents what she thinks and that makes me creative. She uses objects that makes her unique and I think that’s why she’s known for taking risks.

Sandy Skoglund and the Evocativeness of Photography | Widewalls

HDR Landscape

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range and HDR photography is the technique to capture the dynamic range of a scene. Essentially, it’s the tonal or light range in a scene or photograph. In simpler terms, HDR is the difference between the brightest and darkest areas. In technical terms, the tonal range of an image is displayed on a histogram between 0 to 255. For every value between 0 to 255, the histogram displays how many pixels are at that value. It consists of three or more photos that are photographed using the camera’s AEB (automatic exposure bracketing) function: normal exposure, under exposure, and over exposure. The three bracketed photos will be merged into one image using HDR software.

HDR

I like how my HDR came out. I think that all the colors stand out. I also like how the mountains looks. The trees make it look more like a landscape view. What I don’t like is that it doesn’t look very real. I think the clouds make it look fake. The sun looks back of the cloud and it looks interesting. The green grass looks good. I wish it came out a little more vibrant. 

FILL FLASH OUTSIDE

FLASH OUTSIDE (TIPS)

In outdoor flash photography you need to balance your strobe light with the available light. Outdoor flash photography is a very interesting area to explore. Also, set your camera to manual mode and choose a shutter speed equivalent to your camera’s flash sync speed (usually 1/250s) for the largest opening possible, or slower for more depth of field. Second, position your model against a flattering background. Now point your camera just behind your subject (without having them within the frame), and with your camera’s shutter speed set to match the flash sync speed.

TED TALK: IMPOSSIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY

It talks about how a photo can be realistic and unrealistic at the same time. It is because it isn’t something that someone can capture, but they try to look like it could have been captured somehow. Unrealistic photos are interesting because it may need a brief moment to think to figure it out the image.

I like how impossible photos works because you can capture any idea you have in mind and you can create it as a photo. In my opinion it is a very interesting way to express things. I think that it is very hard to make the pic look realistic that’s why I admire the people who made them.

What I learned about this video is that every person interprets unrealistic pictures in the way they feel the image. It’s amazing how to can take different pieces of reality and you can mix it with unrealistic things. It is a fun way to interpret the world.

Book Face

LIGHT PAINTING PORTRAITS

Favorite Teacher

Ms. Janini has a big impact in my life because during my sophomore year she was my English teacher. She taught me how to be brave and to show all my personality. She helped me a lot with my English, she made me conformable in class.

10 Tips to Shoot with Flash

1. Get help nailing focus, 2. More Light, 3. Low Power Flash, 4. Diffuse Your Flash, 5. Move the Light, 6. Create Separation, 7. Don’t Mix Light, 8. Use TTL, 9. Be careful with mixing color temps, 10. Set zoom on flash to the widest setting possible.

Lightroom Mobile

10,000 Photograph Shopping

I would buy a Vanguard Alta Sky 45D Camera Backpack because It is designed for camera gear and it holds A LOT of camera gear, it covers rain, it has a bottle side pockets, you can adjust it to your shoulder straps with connector It cost 170 dollarsCanon EOS 6D Mark II DSLR Camera (Body Only) $1,400 because it performs very well in low light conditions. the 6D Mark II makes numerous advancements over its predecessor to improve upon every aspect of image capture and creation. The main update comes in the form of a 26.2MP CMOS sensor and the use of the DIGIC 7 Image Processor to deliver sharper, more vivid imagery in a variety of shooting situations. This setup offers an improved native sensitivity range of ISO 100-40000, which can then be expanded to ISO 50-102400, as well as speedy shooting rates of up to 6.5 fps. Canon Speedlight 600EX II-RT $500 flash lineup with a powerful guide number of 197′ at ISO 100 and 200mm. This revision improves continuous flash performance by 1.1-1.5x, or up to 2.0x with optional battery pack, simplifies the menu. Canon 100-400mm L Lens $2,400 this lens has a fabulous, high-quality telephoto zoom. It has aperture Range: f/4.5 to f/38, One Fluorite and One Super UD Element, Rotating Zoom Ring & Torque Adjustment, rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm, etc. Inspire 2 Advanced Kit with Zenmuse X5S Gimbal & MFT 15mm/1.7 ASPH Lens $7,100 It included with the Inspire 2 is the Zenmuse X5S gimbal camera with a 15mm Micro Four Thirds lens and Cendance remote controller. This provides you with the capability of capturing footage at up to 5.2K resolution at 30 fps in CinemaDNG and Apple ProRes. It is also capable of recording up to 4K video at a smooth 60 fps. Images can be captured at up to 21MP, even in 20 fps DNG burst shooting mode, which helps ensure you always get the perfect shot. 

Double Exposure

Issue Poster

Abortion should be legal because every women decided what they want about their body. Some people doesn’t have the money, and time to have kids. There are many abuse victims and they don’t have the help they need. I know there’re many different ways if you don’t want to have the babies, adoption for example but, it takes time, they have to carried the baby for nine months. Also, there are millions of children who are in orphanages and waiting to be adopted by families, but its too expensive. I feel that not all of us were born to be mothers and that should be accepted. The things that inspires me to be in favor of abortion is see how there are millions of children living on the street without someone to take care of them or without being fed. Many people believe that abortion should be illegal, but they are the first ones to judge people when they get pregnant.

SCREENPRINT

Canon Lens Experience Review

Randy Kerr- Travel Photography is amazing because takes you out of your comfort zone since you are always in different places. Is amazing how one picture can show culture, color, etc. It is important to have your personal style scene in each picture. To be a travel photographer is difficult since light, and place is different in each area. “I generally travel with two digital bodies, a Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a smaller APS-C body… my standard grab-shot lens is the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, and I’ll have the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM handy for longer-range subjects” says Kerr. He had travel to 30 different countries.

Stephen Frink -underwater photography. Shooting underwater can be exhilarating, but it’s also one of the most challenging types of photography because you can be next to a dolphin, whale, shark, or even many spices that you don’t even recognize. He has been shooting for more than thirty years.  he is one of the most frequently published underwater photographers in the world and a “go-to” assignment photographer for clients like ScubaPro, Victoria’s Secret, American Express, Rolex, and others. When photographing dolphins breaching and riding the bow wave, Frink often uses the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM. “I’ve got an older 24-70mm f/2.8

Block print

Gel Portraits

I set up a clinic since in ten years I see myself working as a dentist since it is my dream to be one. I think that being a dentist will be what will motivate me to wake up to work. I put the clinic as my background picture because my career has to be my biggest goal in life.

Also, I put a jeep commercial in the screen because I would love to have one. It will make me happy. Also I put the travel sticker in the wall because I see my self traveling the world. I would love to learn new cultures and to meet new people and places.

The family frame is very important to me because in ten years I see myself with my own family. I think that it is very important to have a family and spend the rest of life together.

Photos edited with Lightroom

Read and Write

To have better quality photos you need to have a good composition and a focal point. Without a focal point your image is unlikely to hold the viewer’s attention for long. Also, the rule of thirds suggests that the most powerful areas of the image are the four points where the lines intersect, and that our eyes are naturally drawn to these areas first. Position your main subject on one of these intersections to give the most emphasis to your subject. If all the important areas of an image are located either at the top or the bottom, or on the left or the right, the image will look unbalanced. When taking photos, imagine a diagonal line drawn from one corner of the image to the opposite corner, and then place the main subjects along this line. You need to try different types of angles. That gives a different point of view. To fill the frame is very important because it creates a more powerful and abstract composition, and focuses your attention on the patterns in the scene. To frame your subject creates more visual interest, frames add meaning to a picture as it puts the main subject in context with its surroundings.

Low key lighting

Photomontage

Collage

Raw vs Jpeg

A camera raw image file contains minimally processed data from the image sensor of either a digital camera, a motion picture film scanner, or other image scanner. Raw files are named so because they are not yet processed and therefore are not ready to be printed or edited with a bitmap graphics editor. Normally, the image is processed by a raw converter in a wide-gamut internal color space where precise adjustments can be made before conversion to a “positive” file format such as TIFF or JPEG for storage, printing, or further manipulation. There are dozens of raw formats in use by different manufacturers of digital image capture equipment. The major difference in RAW and JPEG is RAW is an uncompressed version/Format of an image and the other hand JPEG is a compress format of an Image. RAW contains high amount of detail. JPEG has detail but don’t like RAW format.

JPEG is a commonly used method of lossy compression for digital images, particularly for those images produced by digital photography. The degree of compression can be adjusted, allowing a selectable trade-off between storage size and image quality. JPEG typically achieves 10:1 compression with little perceptible loss in image quality. Since its introduction in 1992, JPEG has been the most widely used image compression standard in the world, and the most widely used digital image format. Raw is superior than JPEG.

Mirror Imagery

Image Projector

Depth of Field

Man and Nature

What I learned about camera exposure and camera modes

Exposure determines how light or dark an image will appear when it’s been captured by the camera. The more expose the camera sensor to light, the lighter the photo will be. The less light, the darker the photo will be. If you are in a place with a lot of light the hole lens needs to be smaller. The faster the shutter speed, the shorter the time sensor is exposed to light. The longer the time the image sensor is exposed to light. The ISO controls the sensitivity of your camera’s sensor to a given amount of light.